For a special summer cruise, consider sailing Northern Europe. During the long summer days, cruise ships visit ports on the Baltic Sea, along Norway’s mountainous coast and in the British Isles.
Major Northern European ports:
Situated where the North Sea meets the Baltic, many of the city’s attractions are within easy walking distance of the cruise ship dock.
- See the famous statue of the Little Mermaid
- Visit Tivoli Gardens
- Shop to your heart’s content along Stroget, a lively street lined with businesses
As you approach Helsinki, your ship will wind around forested islands before docking right in the city.
- Visit the Esplanade, a tree-lined pedestrian boulevard
- Take a break in one of the many sidewalk cafes
- Enjoy a tour of the city’s stunning modern architecture
St. Petersburg, Russia
Although in Asia, this port is often included in Northern European itineraries.
- See the incredible sights of this historic city: ornate palaces, churches with gilded onion-shaped domes and exquisite statues and fountains
- Marvel at the vast Hermitage, one of the world’s top art museums
- Treat yourself to an elegant evening of ballet at the world-famous Mariinsky Theater, founded in 1860.
Gleaming modern skyscrapers overlook the walled, medieval old town.
- Stroll along the narrow, cobbled streets, visiting churches, ancient towers, and delightful shops and restaurants
- Indulge in decadent chocolate made by the locals
- Have a drink on Town Hall Square in the Lower Town and soak in the atmosphere
Additional options include:
- A sailing of Norway’s spectacular fjords
- A scenic cruise through the British Isles, visiting Inverness, Edinburgh or London
- A river cruise along Russia’s Volga River, taking you to St. Petersburg, Moscow and the picturesque villages and towns in between
- An elegant trans-Atlantic cruise between Southampton, England and New York City
Summer is the ideal time – and really, the only time – to cruise Northern Europe, so talk with Cruise Holidays Luxury Travel Boutique to explore your options.